2020 COVID-19 Blue Square Phase Rules & Guidelines for The Dynafit Trail Running Series
These rules are to preserve the health and safety of our participants and staff and to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Racing protocols were submitted and reviewed by Eagle County Health Department.
- Social distancing will be strictly enforced for both racers and spectators.
- Racers must agree not to participate if they have any illness symptom.
- Racers must wear face coverings while retrieving their bibs, in the starting chute, while passing on course and when receiving their post-race t-shirt.
- Hand Sanitation Stations will be provided at race start and registration area.
- Staff will wear gloves and face masks.
- High touch area will be sanitized after each use
- Racers are advised to bring their own nutrition and water to the race. Limited water will be available on course with water coolers sanitized after each use.
- There will be no post race awards ceremony. Participants will receive their post race t-shirt and be required to leave the venue. Awards will be mailed.
- Raffle will occur during the event. If you are a raffle winner, you will recieve your raffle prize with your t-shirt.
- Racers and spectators not willing to follow these guidelines will be ordered to leave the venue.
- Please read our Race Protocols and Trail Running FAQ's
Colorado's most iconic trail running series, The Dynafit Vail Trail Running Race Series has become a must-do race series! Taking runners up trails, over mountains, through forests and over streams in and around Vail for the past 23 years, this series is not to be missed. With over 40 years of combined experience, the staff of the Vail Recreation District continues to create one of the best trail running experiences every year. Expect well-marked routes, fully-stocked aid stations, experienced volunteers and courses that are challenging for the elites and enjoyed by the beginner trail runner. Shorten your bucket list and register for the entire series or choose an individual race - you will have a great experience!
2020 Dynafit Trail Running Series Schedule
Race #1: Saturday, June 20. Dynafit Town of Minturn Summer Solstice benefiting the Vail Valley Charitable Fund. 10K and 5K trail run. 7am. Meadow Mountain. Minturn, Colorado
Race #2: Saturday, July 4. Dynafit Vail HillClimb. presented by Vail's Mountain Haus 7 a.m. Vail, Colorado
Race #4: Saturday, August 1. Dynafit Berry Picker 5K. presented by Elevated Dental 7 a.m. Vail, Colorado
Race #5: Saturday, August 29. Dynafit Camp Hale Half Marathon. 8 a.m. Camp Hale, Colorado
Race #7: Saturday, September 26. Dynafit Boneyard Boogie. 9 a.m. Eagle, Colorado
*Times, Dates and Courses are subject to change.
In response to public health concerns, there will be limited aid stations on course. Expect one aid station per 10K race and one aid station per 5K race. Aid stations will have essential water and energy chews. Water coolers will be disinfected after each use. There will be no cups at aid stations.
Please be self suffecient with your hydration and nutrition for the 2020 season while participating in the Dynafit Vail Trail Running Series.
Please do not litter. Any participant caught littering will be disqualified.
Mileage Markers and Course Directions
Thanks to our partnership with Garmin, all courses are documented using the latest GPS technology from Garmin. Course maps can be viewed on our website prior to arriving on race day.
The courses are well-marked and signed with mileage markers every mile. Course arrows and directions are bold and are posted at every intersection. We are proud to state that a participant in our series has not challenged the results due to course confusion, getting lost or misdirected in the 19 years of the series.
Please note: GPS data is different from one device to another. If you are comfortable with your devices accuracy, please default to your own devices' mileage when participating in our races.
For 2020, all participants are asked to follow social distancing protocols. As a result of the public health orders, there will be no congregating at the finish area. Participants will finish the race, collect their official race t-shirt and be directed to exit the venue. We will mail all awards. There will be a raffle during the race with raffle awards winners announced at the finish. If you are a raffle winner, you will find your name on the raffle board at the t-shirt booth. Winners can collect their prize with their t-shirt.
Due to our permits with land owners and for the safety of all runners, spectators, volunteers and staff, dogs are not allowed on course during the Dynafit Vail Trail Running races