July 22 - Lost Lake Loop (Adults Only)
Vail | July 22, 2020 | 5:30 p.m.
Register Online | Individual Registration Form | Course Map
UPDATE (5/22): In accordance with current Eagle County Public Health Orders, the VRD’s EastWest Hospitality Town MTB Series and the Yeti’s Grind Youth Series will begin at the end of June. Registration for series and individual races will open on June 1, 2020. Please read our FAQs for complete info on our updated protocols and procedures in regards to COVID-19.
To stay up to date on the VRD Town MTB Series, please sign up to receive email updates at the link below.
2020 COVID-19 Blue Square Phase Rules & Guidelines for Mountain Bike Races
These rules are to preserve the health and safety of our participants and staff and to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Races will take place over two or three days with multiple waves to ensure no more than 50 people are in the area at the same time. Please see individual race pages for detailed race day schedules.
- Youth MTB and Beginner categories will take place on Tuesday evenings.
- Adult Sport, Expert and Pro categories will take place on Wednesday evenings.
- During the Blue Phase, youth racers are limited to one parent per racer to ensure we don’t exceed the maximum gathering limit.
- Racers are asked to leave the venue immediately after finishing their race.
- At this time, races will NOT include an after party or award ceremony.
- Names of raffle winners will be drawn during the race and posted. Winners can pick up prizes upon completion of race before exiting venue.
- Results will be posted online. There will not be an in-person protest period. Participants will have 24 hours after race to protest via email. After protest period closes, top three finishers in each category will be announced and awards will be mailed.
- Race registration numbers will be limited and during the Blue Phase, registration will be online ONLY. There will be no day of registration.
- Social distancing guidelines of six feet between individuals will be strictly enforced for racers and spectators.
- Starting positions will be designated to ensure six feet of distance between competitors.
- Participants will be required to wear face masks when registering/picking up their bib.
- Racers agree to NOT attend if they have any symptoms or exposure risks as listed by the CDC guidelines.
- If racers cannot participate due to illness or exposure to illness, registration fees will be credited to their account to be used for another race without penalty.
- At-risk populations are discouraged from participating.
- Anyone not adhering to these procedures will be asked to leave.
This race is for adult and junior elite racers ONLY. There is no Yeti's Grind Youth Series Race at this event. Youth Series riders got their own race on May 20!
On-site registration will take place at the North Trail Parking lot on Redsandstone Rd. just below the race start and will end at 5:30 p.m.
The race will start on Red Sandstone Rd. where the pavement ends at Potato Patch Drive. The race will finish at the Lost Lake Trailhead (west side) near Red & White Rd.
There is absolutely NO PARKING at the race start. Participants should park in the Lionshead Parking Structure, Red Sandstone Elementary School or the after party location and ride to the start.
Short Course - Ride up Red Sadnstone Rd (FSR#700). Stay left on Red Sandstone at the Lost Lake Rd. fork (mile 2.7) Finish near the Lost Lake trailhead (west side) and Red and White Mtn Road (FSR #734). Approximately 6.6 Miles | 1,600 feet of climbing
Medium Course - Ride up Red Sadnstone Rd (FSR#700). Turn right onto Lost Lake Rd. (FSR#786) at mile 2.7. Continue to the Lost Lake Trailhead (east) and ride single track to finish near the Lost Lake trailhead (west side) and Red and White Mtn Road (FSR #734). Approximately 10.8 Miles | 2,800 feet of climbing
Long Course - Ride up Red Sadnstone Rd (FSR#700) for approx. 1/2 mile. Turn right onto the North Trail. Turn left onto Son of Middle Creek Trail. At the top of Son of Middle, turn right onto Lost Lake Rd. (FSR#786). Continue to the Lost Lake Trailhead (east) and ride single track to finish near the Lost Lake trailhead (west side) and Red and White Mtn Road (FSR #734). Approxiamtely 13 Miles | 3,400 feet of climbing.
Important Things to Know
- This race is for adult categories only. No youth categories will race at Lost Lake.
- Red Sandstone Rd. will NOT be closed to vehicles. You must ride on the right side and follow the rules of the road.
- There is no cell service for most of the race or at the finish.
- This is a point-to-point race. Unless someone is meeting you at the finish, you will need to ride back down Red Sandstone Rd. after the race.
- The VRD will provide a gear truck to transport personal items to the finish.
- Wear insect repellant (or ride fast) unless you like golfball-sized mosquito bites on your shin.
*This schedule may be revised pending current public health orders. Please check back prior to race day.
|5:45 p.m.||Men's Pro/Open, Men's Expert||Long Course||13 Miles|
|5:46 p.m.||Women's Pro/Open, Men's Vet Expert (30+), Men's Single Spd||Long Course||13 Miles|
|5:47 p.m.||Men's Master Expert (40+), Men's Grand Master Expert (50+)||Long Course||13 Miles|
|5:48 p.m.||Women's Expert, Women's Vet Expert (30+), Women's Master Expert (40+), Women's Single Speed||Medium Course||10.8 Miles|
|5:49 p.m.||Men's Sport||Medium Course||10.8 Miles|
|5:50 p.m.||Men's Vet Sport (30+)||Medium Course||10.8 Miles|
|5:51 p.m.||Men's Master Sport (40+), Clydesdales,||Medium Course||10.8 Miles|
|5:52 p.m.||Men's Grand Master Sport (50+), Men's Super Grand Masters (60+)||Medium Course||10.8 Miles|
|5:53 p.m.||Women's Sport||Medium Course||10.8 Miles|
|5:54 p.m.||Women's Vet Sport (30+), Women's Master Sport (40+)||Medium Course||10.8 Miles|
|5:55 p.m.||Men's Beginner||Short Course||6.6 Miles|
|5:56 p.m.||Women's Beginner||Short Course||6.6 Miles|