June 30-July 1 - Eagle Ranch Classic
Eagle Ranch, Eagle | June 30-July 1, 2020 | 4:45 p.m.
Register Online | Individual Registration Form | Course Map
UPDATE (5/22): In accordance with current Eagle County Public Health Orders, the VRD’s EastWest Hospitality Town MTB Series and the Yeti’s Grind Youth Series will begin at the end of June. Registration for series and individual races will open on June 1, 2020. Please read our FAQs for complete info on our updated protocols and procedures in regards to COVID-19.
To stay up to date on the VRD Town MTB Series, please sign up to receive email updates at the link below.
2020 COVID-19 Blue Square Phase Rules & Guidelines for Mountain Bike Races
These rules are to preserve the health and safety of our participants and staff and to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Races will take place over two or three days with multiple waves to ensure no more than 50 people are in the area at the same time. Please see individual race pages for detailed race day schedules.
- Youth MTB and Beginner categories will take place on Tuesday evenings.
- Adult Sport, Expert and Pro categories will take place on Wednesday evenings.
- During the Blue Phase, youth racers are limited to one parent per racer to ensure we don’t exceed the maximum gathering limit.
- Racers are asked to leave the venue immediately after finishing their race.
- At this time, races will NOT include an after party or award ceremony.
- Names of raffle winners will be drawn during the race and posted. Winners can pick up prizes upon completion of race before exiting venue.
- Results will be posted online. There will not be an in-person protest period. Participants will have 24 hours after race to protest via email. After protest period closes, top three finishers in each category will be announced and awards will be mailed.
- Race registration numbers will be limited and during the Blue Phase, registration will be online ONLY. There will be no day of registration.
- Social distancing guidelines of six feet between individuals will be strictly enforced for racers and spectators.
- Starting positions will be designated to ensure six feet of distance between competitors.
- Participants will be required to wear face masks when registering/picking up their bib.
- Racers agree to NOT attend if they have any symptoms or exposure risks as listed by the CDC guidelines.
- If racers cannot participate due to illness or exposure to illness, registration fees will be credited to their account to be used for another race without penalty.
- At-risk populations are discouraged from participating.
- Anyone not adhering to these procedures will be asked to leave.
Take I-70 to Eagle (exit 147). At the roundabout, head south on Eby Creek Road. Continue south through the roundabouts on Eby Creek Road, until you cross the Eagle River. At the next roundabout, take the first right out of the roundabout onto Grand Avenue/Highway 6. Go west on Grand Avenue/Highway 6 for 0.8 miles to the next roundabout. At this roundabout, take the third right onto Sylvan Lake Road. Continue on Sylvan Lake Road approximately 1 mile, and then take a right on Eagle Ranch Road. Follow Eagle Ranch Road to 4th of July Road, then turn right. 4th of July Road takes you uphill for another mile or so, leading to Arroyo Drive. Turn left. The trailhead is approximately 0.25 miles on the right.
Participants are asked to park at the after-party location in the Eagle Ranch Business District and ride to the start, as parking is extremely limited at the trailhead. If participants drive to the start, they will need to park on 4th of July Road as directed by VRD staff. Arroyo Drive will be closed to all vehicle traffic between 4th of July Road and Haystacker Drive from 4 to 8 p.m.
Short Loop – From start, ride up 2nd Gulch and bear left on the Jeep Road/Hardscrabble Connector. Turn left at the bottom of the hill towards Mayer Gulch and turn left on Mayer Gulch. Descend to the bottom and stay left towards Turniphead. Turniphead will take you back to the start/finish.
Wall/Riddle Loop – From start, ride up 2nd Gulch and bear left on the Jeep Road/Hardscrabble Connector. Turn left at the bottom of the hill towards Mayer Gulch and turn left on Meyer Gulch. Descend to the bottom and turn right towards Wall Trail. At the corner, you will cross Haystacker Drive - please use caution, there will be a course marshal here - and continue up Wall to Riddle. Follow Riddle back to Meyer Gulch and turn right. Use caution as loops merge here. Descend Mayer Gulch again and turn left this time onto Turniphead to return to the start/finish.
Bailey Loop - From start, ride up 2nd Gulch and continue straight at Jeep Road/Hardscrabble Connector intersection. Continue climbing to Bailey single track and turn right. Ride up and down Bailey back to the start. Use caution when merging back onto the 2nd Gulch trail.
• See start list for race courses and distances for each category.
• Ride loops in order listed on start list.
• Only adult racers will do the Start Loop. Youth Series races will start on the bike path as directed by staff.
• All riders are responsible for knowing their courses and keeping track of their laps.
• If you DNF for any reason, including racing the wrong course, please do not ride through finish and let race staff know.
*The schedule below assumes that Eagle County will be in the Black Diamond Phase of reopening by race day. If we are still in Blue Square Phase, the schedule will be revised and Pro/Expert categories will race Wednesday and Sport categories will race Thursday. Individual category start times will also change.
Yeti's Grind Youth Series: Tuesday, June 30, 2020
|4:46 p.m.||Sport Girls 11-14, Beginner Girls 15-16|
|4:47 p.m.||Beginner Boys 11-14, Sport Boys 8-10||1 Short Loop, 3.5 Miles|
|4:48 p.m.||Beginner Girls 11-14, Sport Girls 8-10|
|4:49 p.m.||Beginner Boys 8-10|
|4:50 p.m.||Beginner Girls 8-10|
|5:45 p.m.||Men's Beginner||2 Short Loops, 7 Miles|
|5:47 p.m.||Women's Beginner||2 Short Loops, 7 Miles|
*Boys and Girls in Sport 11-14 who DO NOT want to ride two laps need toc hange their category to Beginner 11-14 for this race by completeing a category change form at registration.
EastWest Hospitality Adult Series: Wednesday, July 1, 2020
|5:30 p.m.||Men's Sport||1 Short Loop, 1 Riddle/Wall Loop, 10.7 Miles|
|5:31 p.m.||Men's Vet Sport (30+)|
|5:32 p.m.||Men's Master Sport (40+), Clydesdales|
|5:33 p.m.||Men's Grandmaster Sport (50+), Men's Super Grandmasters (60+)|
|5:34 p.m.||Women's Sport|
|5:35 p.m.||Women's Vet Sport (30+), Women's Master Sport (40+)|
|6:45 p.m.||Men's Pro/Open, Men's Expert|
|6:46 p.m.||Women's Pro/Open, Men's Vet Expert (30+), Men's Single Speed|
|6:47 p.m.||Men's Master Expert (40+), Men's Grandmaster Expert (50+)|
|6:48 p.m.||Women's Expert, Women's Vet Expert (30+), Women's Master Expert (50+), Women's Single Speed|
Ride loops in the order listed above.