Sept. 15 & 16 - Davos Dash
DoubleTree by Hilton, West Vail | Sept. 15-16, 2020 | 4:45 p.m.
Register Online | Individual Registration Form | Course Map
UPDATE (5/22): In accordance with current Eagle County Public Health Orders, the VRD’s EastWest Hospitality Town MTB Series and the Yeti’s Grind Youth Series will begin at the end of June. Registration for series and individual races will open on June 1, 2020. Please read our FAQs for complete info on our updated protocols and procedures in regards to COVID-19.
To stay up to date on the VRD Town MTB Series, please sign up to receive email updates at the link below.
2020 COVID-19 Blue Square Phase Rules & Guidelines for Mountain Bike Races
These rules are to preserve the health and safety of our participants and staff and to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Races will take place over two or three days with multiple waves to ensure no more than 50 people are in the area at the same time. Please see individual race pages for detailed race day schedules.
- Youth MTB and Beginner categories will take place on Tuesday evenings.
- Adult Sport, Expert and Pro categories will take place on Wednesday evenings.
- During the Blue Phase, youth racers are limited to one parent per racer to ensure we don’t exceed the maximum gathering limit.
- Racers are asked to leave the venue immediately after finishing their race.
- At this time, races will NOT include an after party or award ceremony.
- Names of raffle winners will be drawn during the race and posted. Winners can pick up prizes upon completion of race before exiting venue.
- Results will be posted online. There will not be an in-person protest period. Participants will have 24 hours after race to protest via email. After protest period closes, top three finishers in each category will be announced and awards will be mailed.
- Race registration numbers will be limited and during the Blue Phase, registration will be online ONLY. There will be no day of registration.
- Social distancing guidelines of six feet between individuals will be strictly enforced for racers and spectators.
- Starting positions will be designated to ensure six feet of distance between competitors.
- Participants will be required to wear face masks when registering/picking up their bib.
- Racers agree to NOT attend if they have any symptoms or exposure risks as listed by the CDC guidelines.
- If racers cannot participate due to illness or exposure to illness, registration fees will be credited to their account to be used for another race without penalty.
- At-risk populations are discouraged from participating.
- Anyone not adhering to these procedures will be asked to leave.
Please note: this race was originally scheduled for Sept. 1 & 2 but had to be moved due to conflicting schedules with the U.S. Forest Service. The Boneyard Brawl in Eagle has been added to the race schedule for Sept. 1 & 2.
On-site registration is in the parking lot of the Double Tree and ends at 5:30 p.m.
Race begins at the intersection of Chamonix Lane and Chamonix Rd. behind the DoubleTree (formerly West Vail Holiday Inn) and ends at the radio tower at the top of Davos.
Please park at the after-party location or the Lionshead Parking Structure and ride to the start. There is NO parking at the Double Tree or the Fire Station.
**Please follow normal traffic rules when warming up. The streets in the neighborhood will NOT be closed to vehicle traffic**
Tuesday, September 15, 2020: Youth Categories
|5:00 p.m.||Sport Boys 11-14, Beginner Boys 15-16||Halfway to radio tower, 2.25 Miles|
|5:00:30 p.m.||Sport Girls 11-14, Beginner Girls 15-16||Halfway to radio tower, 2.25 Miles|
|5:01 p.m.||Beginner Boys 11-14, Sport Boys 8-10||Halfway to radio tower, 2.25 Miles|
|5:01:30 p.m.||Beginner Girls 11-14, Sport Boys 8-10||Halfway to radio tower, 2.25 Miles|
|5:02 p.m.||Beginner Boys 8-10, Beginner Girls 8-10||Halfway to radio tower, 2.25 Miles|
Wednesday, September 16, 2020: Adult Categories
|5:15 p.m.||Men's Pro/Open, Men's Expert||Top of Davos, 3.5 Miles|
|5:16 p.m.||Women's Pro/Open, Men's Vet Expoert (30+), Men's Single Speed||Top of Davos, 3.5 Miles|
|5:17 p.m.||Men's Master Expert (40+), Men's Grand Master Expert (50+)||Top of Davos, 3.5 Miles|
|5:18 p.m.||Women's Expert, Women's Vet Expert (30+), Women's Master Expert (40+), Women's Single Speed||Top of Davos, 3.5 Miles|
|5:19 p.m.||Men's Sport, Men's Vet Sport (30+)||Top of Davos, 3.5 Miles|
|5:20 p.m.||Men's Master Sport (40+), Clydesdales||Top of Davos, 3.5 Miles|
|5:21 p.m.||Men's Grand Master Sport (50+), Men's Super Grand Masters (60+)||Top of Davos, 3.5 Miles|
|5:22 p.m.||Women's Sport, Women's Vet Sport (30+), Women's Master Sport (40+)||Top of Davos, 3.5 Miles|
|5:23 p.m.||Men's Beginner, Women's Beginner||Top of Davos, 3.5 Miles|
Unofficial After Party
Altitude Bar & Grill