Eagle | Sept. 1 & 2, 2020 | 4:45 p.m.
Register Online | Individual Registration Form | Course Map
UPDATE (5/22): In accordance with current Eagle County Public Health Orders, the VRD’s EastWest Hospitality Town MTB Series and the Yeti’s Grind Youth Series will begin at the end of June. Registration for series and individual races will open on June 1, 2020. Please read our FAQs for complete info on our updated protocols and procedures in regards to COVID-19.
To stay up to date on the VRD Town MTB Series, please sign up to receive email updates at the link below.
2020 COVID-19 Blue Square Phase Rules & Guidelines for Mountain Bike Races
These rules are to preserve the health and safety of our participants and staff and to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Races will take place over two or three days with multiple waves to ensure no more than 50 people are in the area at the same time. Please see individual race pages for detailed race day schedules.
- Youth MTB and Beginner categories will take place on Tuesday evenings.
- Adult Sport, Expert and Pro categories will take place on Wednesday evenings.
- During the Blue Phase, youth racers are limited to one parent per racer to ensure we don’t exceed the maximum gathering limit.
- Racers are asked to leave the venue immediately after finishing their race.
- At this time, races will NOT include an after party or award ceremony.
- Names of raffle winners will be drawn during the race and posted. Winners can pick up prizes upon completion of race before exiting venue.
- Results will be posted online. There will not be an in-person protest period. Participants will have 24 hours after race to protest via email. After protest period closes, top three finishers in each category will be announced and awards will be mailed.
- Race registration numbers will be limited and during the Blue Phase, registration will be online ONLY. There will be no day of registration.
- Social distancing guidelines of six feet between individuals will be strictly enforced for racers and spectators.
- Starting positions will be designated to ensure six feet of distance between competitors.
- Participants will be required to wear face masks when registering/picking up their bib.
- Racers agree to NOT attend if they have any symptoms or exposure risks as listed by the CDC guidelines.
- If racers cannot participate due to illness or exposure to illness, registration fees will be credited to their account to be used for another race without penalty.
- At-risk populations are discouraged from participating.
- Anyone not adhering to these procedures will be asked to leave.
From I-70, exit at Eagle (147) and head South on Eby Creek Road. Proceed right at the roundabout. Turn left on Capital Street. then left again on 3rd Street. Park in the school parking lots on the left. To get from the parking lot to the Start/Finish by bicycle, ride up 3rd Street, turn left on Mill Road. then right on Bluffs Drive. Turn right at the BLM parking lot and head up Bellyache Road. The Start/Finish is .3 miles up Bellyache Road at the Boneyard trailhead.
Participants are asked to park at Eagle Valley Elementary School or Middle School or the unofficial after-party location in the Eagle Ranch Business District and ride to the start. There is NO parking at the start line or in The Bluffs neighborhood.
Youth Racers will ride up Bellyache Rd. approximately 1.5 miles then turn left at the green gate to intersect the Boneyard Trail. Racers will turn left again and descend fun, flowy switchbacks and return to the Start/Finish.
Adult racers will ride up Bellyache road 3 miles (from race start) past the Pool and Ice turnoff and turn right onto Hillbilly. This will head west paralleling Bellyache until it turns into the upper Redneck Ridge. Follow Redneck Ridge past Pool and Ice down to the 5.64 mile point where Redneck meets Bellyache road. Racers will turn right on Bellyache Rd. and climb for .35 miles to the green gate. From here, racers will turn left onto Boneyard Trail to finish or continue straight on Bellyache to loop.
*Please note earlier start times due to earlier sunsets.
Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2020
|4:30 p.m.||Beginner Boys 11-14, Sport Boys 8-10||1 Kids Loop, 3 Miles|
|4:31 p.m.||Beginner Girls 11-14, Sport Girls 8-10|
|4:32 p.m.||Beginner Boys 8 – 10 Beginner Girls 8 - 10|
|5:00 p.m.||Sport Boys 11 – 14, Beginner Boys 15 - 16 years-old||2 Kids Loops, 6 Miles|
|5:01 p.m.||Sport Girls 11 – 14, Beginner Girls 15 - 16 years-old||2 Kids Loops, 6 Miles|
|5:30 p.m.||1 Long Loop, 6.5 Miles|
Wednesday, Sept. 2, 2020
|5:00 p.m.||Women’s Expert, W Vet Expert (30+), W Master Expert (40+), W Single Speed||2 Long Loops, 11.5 Miles|
|5:01 p.m.||Men’s Sport||2 Long Loops, 11.5 Miles|
|5:02 p.m.||Men’s Vet Sport (30+)||2 Long Loops, 11.5 Miles|
|5:03 p.m.||Men’s Master Sport (40+), Clydesdales||2 Long Loops, 11.5 Miles|
|5:04 p.m.||Men’s Grand Master Sport (50+) Men’s Super Grand Masters (60+)||2 Long Loops, 11.5 Miles|
|5:05 p.m.||Women’s Sport||2 Long Loops, 11.5 Miles|
|5:06 p.m.||Women’s Vet Sport (30+), Women’s Master Sport (40+)||2 Long Loops, 11.5 Miles|
|5:25 p.m.||Men's Pro/Open||3 Long Loops, 16.5 Miles|
|5:26 p.m.||Men’s Expert|
|5:27 p.m.||Women’s Pro/Open, Men’s Vet Expert (30+), Men’s Single Speed|
|5:28 p.m.||Men's Master Expert (40+), Men’s Grand Master Expert (50+)|
Unofficial After Party