Get ready for Halloween fun! The Vail Recreation District will host the 28th Annual Trick or Treat Trot on Saturday, Oct. 31. The Trick or Treat Trot is a great opportunity for kids (infants up to 10-year-olds, plus their families) to trick-or-treat through the streets of Vail from 2 to 5 p.m.
Starting at check-in booths in both Vail Village and Lionshead, costumed trick-or-treaters will be pointed in the direction of participating merchants. This popular event takes place rain, snow or shine! Participants are asked to bring their own reusable bags.
In addition to the Trick or Treat Trot, the Vail Library will host a scarecrow building virtual contest. Registration is from Oct. 11 to 28. Winners will be announced on Oct. 30. Visit vaillibrary.com for more details!
All Trick or Treat Trot participants will be expected to follow COVID-19 protocols to make this a safe and socially distanced event. Please review the following guidelines:
- All adults and children ages three and older will wear a safety mask
- when entering a business or collecting candy and treats.
- Merchant staff/candy handlers will hand child their candy/treat by putting in their bag.
- NO child or parent will grab the candy/treat from the bowl.
- When walking through Lionshead and Vail Villages to trick or treat, please remember the Five Commitments of Containment:
- Maintain six feet of social distance
- Wash my hands often
- Cover my face in public
- Stay home when I am sick
- Get tested immediately if I have symptoms