Congratulations to the 2020 Sand Volleyball league champions: Sandy Beaches!
2020 COVID-19 Blue Square Phase Rules and Guidelines for Sand Volleyball
These rules are to preserve the health and safety of our participants and staff and to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Registration will be online only.
- As of now, we will only be running a 2v2 sand league this year to ensure social distancing requirements are met by players, spectators, and staff.
- Social distancing will be strictly enforced for both players and spectators.
- Currently players must reside in Eagle County.
- Players will not be welcome to participate if they have any illness or symptoms. (Possible symptoms include cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, fever, runny nose, head or body aches, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and loss of taste or smell).
- Players are required to wear a face covering when not playing/on the court.
- Spectators, though not encouraged, are advised to wear a face covering and bring their own seating as bleachers will be removed to maintain sanitation standards and social distancing.
- Games will follow reverse coed rules to ensure six feet of distance between players.
- Spiking/hitting or blocking at or within 5’ of the net will not be allowed for either men or women to ensure six feet of distance between players.
- Teams must leave the area upon completion of their matches.
- Hand Sanitation Stations will be provided at or near the volleyball courts
- Staff will be required to wear face masks.
- High touch areas such as bathrooms will be disinfected regularly after each game.
- Game balls, supplied by VRD, will be sanitized by VRD staff every time teams switch sides (every seven points).
- Players are advised to bring their own nutrition and water to games.
- Players and spectators not willing to follow these guidelines will be ordered to leave the venue.
- Please read Sand Volleyball COVID-19 Protocols and Sand Volleyball FAQ's for more information.
2020 Summer Sand Volleyball League Information
When: Thursday Nights beginning June 25, 2020. Games Start at 5:30 PM and 7:30 PM.
Who: Eagle County Residents with a teammate of their choice who also resides in Eagle County, no "free agents" for sand volleyball this year.
Team Cost: $70 per pair/team
Location: Vail Athletic Field Sand Volleyball Courts, Vail Valey Dr. Vail, CO
The 2020 Sand Volleyball League is presented by: