Construction will take from 10 to 12 months with the renovation completed by fall 2016. The schedule has been carefully coordinated to maintain continuity of golf and Nordic operations.
Frequently Asked Questions
How will you operate summer of 2016?
- The golf course is scheduled to open May 15, weather and course conditions permitting.
- Golf operations will be located in a temporary structure, adjacent to the driving range.
- 18 holes will be available for play as soon as course conditions allow.
- A smaller driving range area will be available starting June 6 and throughout the construction.
Will parking be available?
- Parking will be available. The VRD will actively manage the parking at the course/Nordic Center to coincide with construction needs. This will be a fluid management plan and the VRD is prepared to implement a valet parking program should construction warrant an issue at no cost to golfers/Nordic patrons.
- There will be no public skier parking at the Nordic center this winter. Parking will be dedicated to Nordic uses.
- There may be possible traffic delays at the golf course during the renovation.
Will the Vail Nordic Center operate this winter?
- Nordic operations will be available in temporary structures beginning Nov. 1. This will include a pro shop and pass sales. The Nordic workshop will be in the starter building for tuning and waxing skis.
Leonard Sandoval, Town of Vail Construction Coordinator
Golf and Nordic Operations
Scott O'Connell, Vail Recreation District Director of Operations & Facilities
Community/Banquet Space Reservations
Help Us Spread the Word
Do you know of others who would be interested in receiving clubhouse project updates from the Town of Vail and Vail Recreation District? Please forward this subscription link: http://vailgov.us1.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=920b988ede8a0ae5083077658&id=9c6e68b860