Minturn | June 23 - 24, 2020| 4:45 p.m.
Register Online | Individual Registration Form | Course Map
UPDATE (5/22): In accordance with current Eagle County Public Health Orders, the VRD’s EastWest Hospitality Town MTB Series and the Yeti’s Grind Youth Series will begin at the end of June. Registration for series and individual races will open on June 1, 2020. Please read our FAQs for complete info on our updated protocols and procedures in regards to COVID-19.
To stay up to date on the VRD Town MTB Series, please sign up to receive email updates at the link below.
2020 COVID-19 Blue Square Phase Rules & Guidelines for Mountain Bike Races
These rules are to preserve the health and safety of our participants and staff and to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Races will take place over two or three days with multiple waves to ensure no more than 50 people are in the area at the same time. Please see individual race pages for detailed race day schedules.
- Youth MTB and Beginner categories will take place on Tuesday evenings.
- Adult Sport, Expert and Pro categories will take place on Wednesday evenings.
- During the Blue Phase, youth racers are limited to one parent per racer to ensure we don’t exceed the maximum gathering limit.
- Racers are asked to leave the venue immediately after finishing their race.
- At this time, races will NOT include an after party or award ceremony.
- Names of raffle winners will be drawn during the race and posted. Winners can pick up prizes upon completion of race before exiting venue.
- Results will be posted online. There will not be an in-person protest period. Participants will have 24 hours after race to protest via email. After protest period closes, top three finishers in each category will be announced and awards will be mailed.
- Race registration numbers will be limited and during the Blue Phase, registration will be online ONLY. There will be no day of registration.
- Social distancing guidelines of six feet between individuals will be strictly enforced for racers and spectators.
- Starting positions will be designated to ensure six feet of distance between competitors.
- Participants will be required to wear face masks when registering/picking up their bib.
- Racers agree to NOT attend if they have any symptoms or exposure risks as listed by the CDC guidelines.
- If racers cannot participate due to illness or exposure to illness, registration fees will be credited to their account to be used for another race without penalty.
- At-risk populations are discouraged from participating.
- Anyone not adhering to these procedures will be asked to leave.
On-site bib pick up begins at 3:45 p.m. Races start at 4:45 p.m. and 5:45 p.m.
From I-70, take exit 171 to Minturn. Go South/left on Highway 24 through Minturn aproximately 4.8 miles. Turn left on Cemetary Rd. at the blue bridge.
Please park at Little Beach Ampitheater as directed by event staff.
This will be a circuit race and will take place on the newly created Minturn Mini Mile. We will race in a counter-clockwise direction. The course will be marked for pre-riding by 2 p.m. on Monday (5/18).
Tuesday, June 23
|4:45 p.m.||Sport Boys 8-10|
|4:47 p.m.||Beginner Boys 8-10|
Wednesday, June 24
|4:45 p.m.||Sport Girls 11-14||5 loops, 5 miles|
|4:47 p.m.||Sport Gilrs 8-10||4 loops, 4 miles|
|4:49 p.m.||Beginner Girls 8-10||2 loops, 2 miles|
|5:45 p.m.||Beginner Girls 15-17||6 lopps, 6 miles|
|5:47 p.m.||Beginner Girls 11-14||4 loops, 4 miles|